Crossing The Road To Better Health
IntelliSkin on Wellness Force Radio - Episode 141
This week on Wellness Force Radio we find ourselves back at RockTape's "Rockstock 2017" event where we interviewed Dr. Dan Lord of Crossover Health Medical Group. We discuss healthcare from doctor to patient, looking at how to reimagine our physical and emotional well-being.
Crossover Health Medical Group is a doctor-led team of caregivers helping to prevent and treat illness by focusing on the proven components of great health. They have built a “Continuum of Care” that takes patients through an integrated wellness routine and provides the tools, education, and strategies to make their health goals a reality.
“The Fee-for-Service medical system is far from what's best for the patient.” – Dr. Dan Lord
A few important takeaways from today's show:
- How to reduce the use of pain medications with movement based therapies
- The benefits of teaching patients the basics of ergonomics, breathing techniques, and how to take proper movement breaks
- The overall health and functional benefits received from a strength and conditioning routine
- Their back-health programs centered around alignment, breathing, and ergonomic setups
- How Intelliskin is improving posture and breathing for people at their workstations
- Why Crossover Health is prescribing Intelliskin to patients and Silicon Valley professionals
- The lifestyle factors we can adjust to prevent much of today's chronic disease
Listen above and let us know what you think!